Fiona explains the current rules
COVID-19 has transformed international travel. Rules and regulations for travelling out of your home country and arriving at your destination, not to mention returning home again, can be complicated and fast changing.
Travelling out of the UK
We will check that the country you wish to visit is not on the UK Government’s ‘red list’ for travel. We will not send you to a country on the ‘red’ list.
Countries on the ‘red list’ are detailed here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/red-list-of-countries-and-territories
Arriving at your Destination
Each country has implemented unique entry requirements. Many countries require you to fill in an online health declaration form prior to arrival. Some require you to hold comprehensive travel insurance including COVID-19 cover. Some require to you to take a COVID test before entering. These requirements are changing constantly and we will update you as necessary.
Returning back to the UK
If you arrive in England after 0400hrs on Friday 18 March you do not need to take any Covid-19 travel tests or fill in a UK passenger locator form – this applies whether you are vaccinated or not.
The rules may be different if you live in Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland so please check here: https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus
For exact details and all the latest rules visit this link: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/travel-to-england-from-another-country-during-coronavirus-covid-19
Details of test providers if required can be found at: https://www.gov.uk/find-travel-test-provider
COVID-19 Check list
The following is a COVID-19 check list you should consider before you travel.
- Am I aware of the FCDO Travel Advisory status of the country I wish to visit – which can be found at https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice?
- Am I sure of the travel status of the country I wish to visit as categorised by the UK government? For exact details and all the latest rules visit this link: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/red-list-of-countries-and-territories#red-list-of-countries-and-territories
- Have I had a complete set of vaccinations and obtained proof of these at https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/covid-pass/get-your-covid-pass-letter/? This is useful for Domestic travel where you don’t need a QR code.
- Have I downloaded the NHS Covid Pass? This is required for International travel. You can access your NHS COVID Pass through the free NHS App on a mobile device such as a smartphone or tablet. Proof of your COVID-19 status will be shown within the NHS App. Visit: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/get-digital-covid-pass/
- Do I know the COVID-19 tests /Quarantine (if any) required by the country I wish to visit?
- Am I aware of the completion of online forms (if any) required by the country I wish to visit?
- Do I need travel insurance including COVID-19 cover for the country I wish to visit?
- Do I know about the Passenger Location Forms required by the UK prior to my return?
- Do I know about the COVID-19 tests /Quarantine required (if any) by the UK prior to and upon my return?
As rules and regulations are fast moving and subject to alteration without notice, once you have booked your holiday, we will keep you updated with Covid19 protocols as and when is necessary.
In the meantime, rest assured we are here for you. Use the coming weeks to plan your next holiday and contact us for friendly advice, holiday ideas or quotations. We expect to demand to suddenly take off, so it’s never too early to plan.
With our COVID-19 FLEXIBLE BOOKING POLICY you can be confident in making a booking, safe in the knowledge that in the event of further restrictions, we will be poised to rebook or refund your holiday arrangements as the situation allows.
THE FAR FRONTIERS TRAVEL/ARCTURUS COVID-19 FLEXIBLE BOOKING POLICY
In the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic Far Frontiers Travel/Arcturus will aim to make the booking process as flexible and confidence inspiring as possible and where special conditions apply will adopt the flexible booking policies of all our overseas suppliers.
In addition, we offer our own layer of flexibility where your travel plans may be affected by any future COVID-19 outbreak and I will personally work with you to achieve the best outcome:
a) Should the UK Foreign Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) change its guidance to advise against all but essential travel to the destination you are booked to visit, you have the option to postpone your holiday, rebook to a different destination or receive a refund.
b) Should your booking be impacted by COVID-19 in any other way, you have the option to change the destination of your existing trip or if this is not possible to postpone your trip to the next possible departure date.
Receive our E-News
Fill in your details to subscribe to our regular Dispatches E-newsletter
SIGN UP FOR E-NEWS
View a PDF or order a copy of our Brochure
VIEW OR ORDER BROCHURE HERE
+ 44 (0) 1837 840640